Sunday, May 22, 2011

Life (For Lack of a Better Title)

I would post about life more. Really I would. Those little random details that make everyone just a little bit happier. Those little things that may not seem like much, but tell you a lot about me. Just things that make you go,"Oh! That's interesting! I didn't know that about them. How nice..." or at least, a reaction akin to that.

But, life is the very thing that's been keeping me from plunking myself in this chair and just writing a post for you. Caitlin motivated me to. She does that a lot, actually.  Thanks, Caitlin!

So, here I go at an attempt to tell you a little bit of what things are like 'round here.

Were Busy. I'm really busy. I think eleventh grade is the fullest grade for us, even more than 12th grade is. Maybe it's because of my truly fascinating, but complicated chemistry.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41HIINcNsgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Chemistry is just math in the disguise of a test tube. Nuff said.

But history is fascinating right now. I am really loving learning concepts, motives, and religions this year instead of times, dates, places, and events. Just something for a home school-er to boast about.
 http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51wAOv3%2BmfL._SS500_.jpg
 Algebra has been keeping me...occupied. I think I'll move on from that unhappy subject with out further ado.

Above all...writing. Writing has been float on a cloud, dance in the rain type of wonderful. We have a writing course that goes from ninth grade until twelfth...if you want it to. Another beauty of homeschooling. I finished that course at the beginning of this school year, so now my wonderful mother said I could work on my first official book...for school! This is the first really organized, seriously thought out story I have written, that I plan to finish. Once I really got rolling, I found a new kind of excitement I've never felt...what's the opposite of writers block? Whatever its called, I've got it. Yes, it's that fun.


I've been attempting to start, and keep up with a garden. We've got pepper and tomato shoots coming out of our ears, thanks to my rushed, amateur planting (don't ask).
 
Hopefully I'll do better next year.

Ever been kayaking? We have.Yesterday.With wonderful new friends, who we now seem to be doing virtually everything with. It was tons of fun, and we got to try out all sorts of different kayaks.
(Note to self: Try wearing a different skirt next year.)


Reminiscing at dinner time the other night, my dad told of a show he watched every now and then called "My Three Sons", a black and white comedy about a widowed father, and life with his three sons. My mom looked it up on you tube, and sure enough, someone went to all the trouble to download every single episode! So now, while we iron, fold clothes, eat lunch, etc, we watch some good old fashioned comedy. It's great fun.
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/images/reviews/190/1225361165_1.jpg

My sisters and me played tennis for the first time ever the other day. I found out I'm terrible at it. We are planning to make it a weekly thing with some close friends of ours.Again, hopefully I'll improve. Hopefully.
http://www.besportier.com/archives/fischer-m-motion-112-tennis-racket.jpg

Laurel is doing well. She is taking singing lessons and violently pursuing that. Maybe she could tell a little more how shes doing. She can write on this blog, after all (cough, cough).

And Hayley is busy with school and working on being an artist. She is really good, and works hard to become an artist like Laurel. I have no doubt she'll keep up with it.

Thank you so much to Sarah for helping me to fix the blog up a little! I was really surprised that someone actually volunteered to help. Again, thank you!

Sorry for the lack of personal pictures in this post. I don't really have the time to download them and show them to you...it makes me feel a little guilty. If I have a blog, I should at least have the decency to show you what we look like everyday...but apparently time decided for me that I don't have that decency. Sorry. :(
But being busy has been good, though. My mind is occupied, and I really like that. I can't stand it when my mind does not have something to think about. I am learning to think, whilst studying and cleaning and gardening and having a jolly good life:

"I live for the Lord. It's all for the Lord. I live to glorify Him. How can I ever do it enough?"

It's been rather life changing.

I've gotta start reading Isaiah, and Galatians. And Romans. I really want to.

In Christ,
Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
We would love it if you would be so kind as to comment, just keep your language clean please,
Thanks for stopping by,
His Handmaidens