Friday, January 13, 2012

Ya Get The Message?

You know, you'll probably read the first paragraph and say, " Well, that was boring." In fact, I'd be surprised if you read the whole thing! But I beg of you all. Please read it and think about it. Tell me your thoughts! Well, here goes the first paragraph!

A few days ago, I read a post by a friend who had been convicted and he admitted all the things he had done wrong. He got me thinking, and often times, you really have to do something good to get me thinking. I want to do better at following Christ more, and I knew that started with the Bible. So the next morning, I grabbed my Bible and started in Hebrews, filled with excitement at what I could learn today. I read the first couple of chapters and got really interested. I flipped the page, but I flipped too far. I am so glad, my eyes fell on Hebrews chapter 11. Have you ever read that? "The Triumphs of Faith" was what really caught my eyes. It goes like this,

1.Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. 2.For by FAITH men of old gained approval. 3. By FAITH we UNDERSTAND that the worlds were prepared by the word of God.

It goes on to talk about many people in the Old Testament, that by FAITH to God, these wonderful things happened. It goes all the way to Rahab. Then it says,

32. And what more shall I say? For time will fail me if I tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jepthah, of David and Samuel and the prophets. 33.Who by FAITH conquered kingdoms, performed acts of righteousness, obtained promises, shut the mouths of lions, 34. quenched the power of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, from weakness were made strong, became mighty in war, put foreign armies in flight. 35. Women received back their dead by resurrection.

This was awesome for me. But then I kept reading and was filled with more wonder,

36. Others experienced mockings and scourgings, yes, also chains and imprisonment. 37. They were stoned, they were sawn in two, they were tempted, they were put to death with the sword, they went about in sheepskins, in goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, ill-treated, 38. men of whom the WORLD WAS NOT WORTHY! (ouch) 39. And all these, having gained approval BY THEIR FAITH did not receive what was promised, 40. because God has provided something better for us!

Whaaaaa-hoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! YA GET THE MESSAGE? FAITH is so powerful! I think I've proved my point fairly well. I hope you've read this far. If you have, great! Now the hard part.
I am sorry to say, I have not been very godly. I didn't think about the Lord in any of my speech. I have been tempted many times, and now I am striving to change that. I would like to help build your faith, and through that, my faith. So please read the word and remember, true faith, true belief, is pleasing in the sight of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
We would love it if you would be so kind as to comment, just keep your language clean please,
Thanks for stopping by,
His Handmaidens