Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Routines

Inspired by a post on Jessica's blog I will make myself somewhat vulnerable and share my morning routine. The necessity of routine is made known in the fact that we fall apart so easily without them. I struggled for many years with hyperscheduleding, and do still somewhat. But I certainly do not do everything I ought to do in the morning on a regular basis. So here is what I would do if I can the gain the self-discipline(the dreaded word) of consistency:


Rise at 6:00 am, pray, do stretches, sit-ups, and other excercises

Shower and dress at 6:30

Have quiet time (Bible reading, meditation, prayer) at 7:00

Breakfast at 8:00 and be ready for family worship at 8:30


Now the key to rising as I ought is retiring when I ought, by 10:00 p.m. if possible, which I know very well is not always so. Flexibility in dealing with the unexpected is my major weakness, which by the grace of God I am learning to handle with grace. As I strive to live my life for the glory of God, I learn that He is a God of order and I can serve Him better when my life is in order as opposed to chaos. I would not say everyone has to be the hyper organizer I am. I recommend you don't. It is much too stressful. God grant that we may all be able to organize our routines in a way that best serves His purpose for us, not what we feel has to get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
We would love it if you would be so kind as to comment, just keep your language clean please,
Thanks for stopping by,
His Handmaidens