Thursday, March 5, 2009

Practical Christianity

As I have nothing to report and little to say of interest to anyone, I thought I would put some quotes from books I have read on a subject I think about quite a bit. What you do with what you read is up to you. Just remember we never read anything without being changed by it in some way, little or great. So feel free to discontinue your perusal at any time.

It is important that our religion should be reasonable, consistent, uniform-not a matter of opinion, but of the heart. The well-disciplined man of God will be a man of opportunities, carefully marking and improving them, as they pass before him. Charles Bridges

Creatures are not born with desires unless satisfaction for those desires exists. If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. I must make the main object of my life to press on to that other world and to help others do the same. C. S. Lewis

Man serves God by serving man. This is true ministry. Harold Bell Wright

I could find more and maybe I will later. I hope it will bless someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
We would love it if you would be so kind as to comment, just keep your language clean please,
Thanks for stopping by,
His Handmaidens